Bare Conductive Touch Board Starter Kit
PRODUCT ID: SKU-5235
Make your world interactive with three Touch Board projects.
The Touch Board Starter Kit is the best kit for beginners looking to make an interactive project. With a Touch Board, Electric Paint, essential components, and step-by-step instructions you’ll have everything you need to turn any surface, object, or space into a sensor. No programming required!
Design an interactive poster
Make an image that talks, and bring visual stories to life with your own sounds and Electric Paint!
Make objects interactive
Add intelligence and interactivity to the objects around you. Connect the Touch Board to any conductive object and give it a voice!
Create a smart space
Build sensors into your environment. Detect intruders, trigger alerts, or automate sounds.
Powered by the Touch Board
Straight out of the box, the Touch Board is pre-programmed to turn any conductive object into a sensor or switch to play sounds stored on the included microSD card.
It can be re-programmed via the Arduino IDE so you can customize the function of the 12 capacitive touch and proximity sensors.
The Touch Board is a microcontroller board with dedicated capacitive touch and MP3 decoder ICs. It has a headphone socket and micro SD card holder (for file storage), as well as having 12 capacitive touch electrodes. It is based around the ATmega32U4 and runs at 16MHz from 5V. It has a micro USB connector, a JST connector for an external lithium polymer (LiPo) cell, a power switch and a reset button. It is similar to the Arduino Leonardo board and can be programmed using the Arduino IDE. The ATmega32U4 can appear to a connected computer as a mouse or a keyboard, (HID) serial port (CDC) or USB MIDI device.
- Microcontroller: Microchip ATmega32U4
- Audio output:15mW into 32Ω via 3.5mm stereo socket
- Removable storage: Up to 32GB via micro SD card
- Operating voltage: 5V DC
- Max. output current (5V rail): 400mA (100mA at startup)
- Capacitive touch electrodes: 12 (of which 8 can be configured as digital I/O)
- Digital I/O Pins: 12, of which 5 can are dedicated but can be unlinked via solder blobs
- PWM channels: 7 (shared with digital I/O pins)
- Analogue input channels: 12 (shared with digital I/O pins
- 1x Touch Board
- 1x Electric Paint 10ml Tube
- 1x Electric Paint 50ml Jar
- 1x Guidebook
- 1x MicroSD Card
- 1x MicroSD Card Reader
- 1x Micro USB Cable
- 1x Mini Speaker
- 10x Alligator Clips (colours vary)
- 1x Stencil
- 1x Stencil Brush
- 12x Sticky Tabs
- 3x Velcro Stickers
- 2x Paper Cutouts