FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the difference between micro:bit, Arduino or Raspberry Pi courses?
We welcome all beginners to join our classes, no experience/knowledge required.
2. What is the difference between micro:bit, Arduino or Raspberry Pi courses?
All courses are suitable for beginners with no coding background.
Main difference summarized below:
- Block based programming
- Minimal wiring involved
- Easy to write program and get it up & running
- C language programming
- Some wiring involved
- Some coding involved to write program and get it up & running
- Python language programming
- Some wiring involved
- Extensive coding involved to write program and get it up & running
3. What are the benefits from attending the courses?
- Future ready - Building future skills and able to adopt technology better in future
- Build computational thinking skills, essential for future career or business
- Higher demand in workforce, where automation and AI might replace regular jobs
4. What is the recommended age to join the courses?
We would recommend children above 7 years of age due to the maturity of thinking skills. However, there are some courses recommended at 15 years of age due to its complexity. But of course, adults are welcome too!
5. Are there prerequisites or language requirements?
Classes will be taught in English, so you are expected to understand English.
6. Do I get to bring home the items after the course?
Yes, you will be able to bring home the items used during class (except some special items which will be mentioned to you before class starts).
7. How long is the course?
We currently offer 1-day and 4-weeks courses.
- For a 4-weeks workshop, you can expect to spend 1.5 hours per week.
- For a 1-day bootcamp, you can expect to spend 6 hours in a day.
8. How many students are in a course? Who will be my classmates?
Our classes are kept small, at no more than 8 students, to better facilitate and encourage personalized interaction with the instructor and fellow participants.
9. What do I have to bring to the class?
Laptop, Laptop Charger, Water Bottle, Jacket and any other essential items!
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT MATTERS
1. How do I register your courses?
Simply checkout and make payment for the course you are interested in. We will contact you to make arrangements once we have received your order!
2. When should I register?
All courses have limited slots and can fill up quickly, so be sure to register early.
3. Can I use my SkillsFuture Credits to pay?
SkillsFuture Credit can only be used for company sponsored participants.
4. My payment didn't go through. What do I do?
We apologize for this inconvenience. We encourage you to reach out to your financial institution as further permissions may be needed to complete the payment. You are also welcome to write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
5. Can I get a refund if I’m unable to attend the workshop / bootcamp?
We understand that, sometimes, plans change. If you can no longer make it to the workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date for a full refund. No refunds will be given to last minute cancellations.
6. I am registered. Now what?
Our team will contact you once your order is completed. You will receive a confirmation email and details of the course. We will also be sending you a reminder 1 day before your course starts.
7. My class has been rescheduled and I am not able to attend. Can I get a refund?
We apologize for the inconvenience. While we try our best to schedule our workshops, it is unfortunate that sometimes we do not get enough sign ups. If you're unable to attend the rescheduled workshop we will provide full refund. Please drop us an email to email@example.com to claim your refund.
1. I have completed my course! Now what?
Well done! You will be presented with a certificate of completion that you can show off to your friends! Aside from that, you will also be able to bring home the kit and further iterate your ideas. Do remember to tag us at #kuriositysg #buildwithkuriosity and send us a video of your successful project that you have completed. We occasionally feature interesting projects on our page!
2. Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
You can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Telegram us via the icon on the navigation bar on top.