Heart-Rate Sensor MAX30102
PRODUCT ID: SEN-FIN-002
The MAX30102 is an integrated pulse oximeter and heart rate monitor biosensor module. It integrates a red LED and an infrared LED, photo detector, optical components and silent electronic circuits with suppression of ambient light.
The MAX30102 has a 1.8 V power supply and a separate 5.0 V power supply for internal LEDs for heart rate and blood oxygen uptake in portable devices worn on the fingers, earlobe and wrist. The standard I2C-compliant communication interface can send the collected values to the KL25Z and other microcontrollers for heart rate and blood oxygen calculations.
In addition, the chip can also turn off the module via software, the standby current is almost zero and the power supply is always maintained. Due to its excellent performance, the chip is widely used in Samsung Galaxy S series mobile phones.
Compared with the previous generation MAX30100, the chip integrates a glass cover to effectively eliminate external and internal light interference and has the best reliable performance.
Light-dissolving method: measuring the pulse and blood oxygen saturation by using human tissue to cause a different transmission when the blood vessel beats;
Light source: a specific wavelength of light-emitting diodes, selective for oxyhemoglobin (H bO 2) and hemoglobin (Hb) in arterial blood;
The transmission is converted into an electrical signal: the change in the volume of the arterial pulsation causes a change in the transmission of light. At this time, the photoelectric variator receives the reflected light from the human tissue, converts it into an electrical signal and amplifies and outputs it.
- Complete Pulse Oximeter and Heart-Rate Sensor Solution Simplifies Design
- Integrated LEDs, Photo Sensor, and High-Performance Analog Front -End
- Ultra-Low-Power Operation Increases Battery Life for Wearable Devices
- Programmable Sample Rate and LED Current for Power Savings
- Ultra-Low Shutdown Current (0.7µA, typ)
- Operating Voltage: 1.8-5V
- LED Peak Wavelength: 660nm / 880nm
- LED Supply Voltage: 3.3-5V
- Detection Signal Type: Light Reflection Signal (PPG)
- Output Signal Interface: I2C Interface
- 1x Heart-Rate Sensor MAX30102
- 2x Male Header Pins