micro:Maqueen Plus V2 (18650 Battery) - an Advanced STEM Education Robot for micro:bit
PRODUCT ID: MBT0021-EN-18650
Note: micro:bit board and batteries are not included.
What’s new in Maqueen Plus V2?
- Two versions to choose from: 4 AA battery and 18650 battery
- New plastic box with a deeper base, enough room for the assembled car
- Frosted acrylic protective plate at the bottom, more durable and reliable
- The number of Line-tracking sensors has changed from 6 to 5, more convenient to program and optimize line-tracking codes
- Employs the motors whose parameters are the same as previous Maqueen, running steadily and smoothly
- Changes ultrasonic sensor to SR04, easier to install
- Add 4 RGB ambient lights at the base, RGB car lights have been changed to LEDs
- Delete the less usable magnetic encoder
I'm Maqueen Plus V2, the latest version of the STEAM educational robot Maqueen Plus. Optimized with more expansion ports, larger capacity power supply and larger body, I can be perfectly compatible with more peripheral components like HuskyLens AI camera and Maqueen Mechanic kits, which makes me an accessible STEAM robot teaching tool for primary and secondary students. I'm not only suitable for classroom teaching, but also can be used for after-school extended exercises and robot competitions.
Besides all the functions of Maqueen Lite, I offer richer and more flexible functions and stronger performance. Whether you have ever used Maqueen series products or not, you'll find it very easy to get started.
- No complex assembly, get started in minutes
- More IO expansion ports: 3.3V IO x7, 5V IO x3, I2C x3
- 5 line-tracking sensors, reliable and flexible
- Larger body, more flexible expansion methods
- Supports Ni-MH battery, AA battery, and 18650 rechargeable battery
- Works well with HuskyLens AI camera
- Rich peripherals: IR receiver, LED car lights, RGB ambient lights, buzzer, ultrasonic sensor, etc.
- Frosted acrylic protective plate at the bottom
- Storage box with a deeper base to provide enough room for the assembled Maqueen Plus car
- Power Supply: MBT0021-EN-18650: 18650 Lithium battery (3.6V or 3.7V) x 1, onboard charging circuit, MicroUSB and TYPE-C charging interfaces, 4 hours to charge fully
- Support micro:bit V1 and V2
- N20 All-metal Gear Motor x 2
- Motor Reduction Ratio: 1:150
- Motor Rated Rotation Speed: 133 rpm
- Buzzer x 1
- 5V IO (P0 P1 P2) x 3
- 3.3V IO (P0 P1 P2 P8 P9 P12 P16) x 7
- 3.3V I2C x 2
- 5V I2C x 1
- Large Size LED Car Lights x 2
- RGB Ambient Lights x 4
- Line-tracking Sensor x 5
- Line-tracking Sensor with One-key Calibration
- IR Receiver x 1
- SRO4 Ultrasonic Module x 1
- Dimension: 136mm×65mm/5.35×2.56"
- Programming Platform: Mind+, MakeCode
- MakeCode Library Address: https://github.com/DFRobot/pxt-DFRobot_MaqueenPlus_v20
- 1x Maqueen Plus V2 (18650 battery) Vehicle body
(Note: the motor, vehicle wheel, support wheel, and battery panel have been installed before delivery)
- 1x HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor
- 1x Line-tracking Map