Time of Flight ToF Distance Sensor VL53L1X 400cm with Optical Cover
PRODUCT ID: SEN-DIS-010
The VL53L1X is a state-of-the-art, Time-of-Flight (ToF), laser-ranging sensor, enhancing the ST FlightSense™ product family. It is the fastest miniature ToF sensor on the market with accurate ranging up to 4 m and fast ranging frequency up to 50 Hz Housed in a miniature and reflowable package, it integrates a SPAD receiving array, a 940 nm invisible Class1 laser emitter, physical infrared filters, and optics to achieve the best ranging performance in various ambient lighting conditions with a range of cover window options.
Unlike conventional IR sensors, the VL53L1X uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target color and reflectance.
The VL53L1X also features a programmable region of interest (ROI), so the full field of view can be reduced or divided into multiple zones.
For XSHUT pin: This pin is an active-low shutdown input; the board pulls it up to VCC to enable the sensor by default. Driving this pin low puts the sensor into hardware standby. This input is not level-shifted.
- Operating Voltage: 2.6 - 5.5V
- Operating Current: ~15mA (typical average during active ranging at max sampling rate, peak current can reach 40mA)
- Fast and accurate ranging with three distance mode options:
- Short: up to ~130 cm, 50 Hz max sampling rate; this mode is the most immune to interference from ambient light
- Medium: up to ~300 cm in the dark, 30 Hz max sampling rate
- Long: up to 400 cm in the dark, 30 Hz max sampling rate
- Minimum Range: 4 cm (objects under this range are detected, but measurements are not accurate)
- Emitter: 940 nm invisible Class 1 VCSEL (vertical cavity surface-emitting laser) – eye-safe
- Detector: 16×16 SPAD (single photon avalanche diode) receiving array with integrated lens
- Typical full field of view (FoV): 27°
- Programmable region of interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
- Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, allowing multizone operation control from the host
- Communication: I2C 16-bit distance reading (in millimeters)
- 1x Time of Flight ToF Distance Sensor VL53L1X
- 1x Male Pin Headers
- 1x Optical Cover