WiFi Module ESP8266-01
PRODUCT ID: ESP-BOA-003
ESP8266 is a highly integrated chip designed for the needs of a new connected world. It offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution, allowing it to either host the application or to offload all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
ESP8266EX is among the most integrated Wi-Fi chips in the industry. Measuring just 5mm x 5mm, ESP8266EX requires minimal external circuitry and integrates a 32-bit Tensilica MCU, standard digital peripheral interfaces, antenna switches, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters and power management modules - all in one small package.
ESP8266EX integrates Tensilica L106 32-bit micro controller (MCU) which features extra low power consumption and 16-bit RSIC, reaching a maximum clock speed of 160 MHz. With the Real Time Operation System (RTOS) enabled and Wi-Fi stack functional, about 80% of the processing power is still available for user application programming and development.
Engineered for mobile devices, wearable electronics and the Internet of Things (IoT) applications, ESP8266EX achieves low power consumption with a combination of several proprietary technologies. The power saving architecture features three modes of operation - active mode, sleep mode and deep sleep mode, thus allowing battery-powered designs to run longer.
Featuring the widest operating temperature range of -40 to 125°C in the industry, ESP8266EX is capable of functioning in industrial environments. With highly integrated on-chip features and minimal external discrete component count, the chip offers reliability, compactness and robustness critical in end products.
- SDIO 2.0, SPI, UART
- 32-pin QFN package
- Integrated RF switch, balun, 24dBm PA, DCXO, and PMU
- Integrated RISC processor, on-chip memory and external memory interfaces
- Integrated MAC/baseband processors
- Quality of Service management
- I2S interface for high fidelity audio applications
- On-chip low-dropout linear regulators for all internal supplies
- Proprietary spurious-free clock generation architecture
- Integrated WEP, TKIP, AES, and WAPI engines
- Supports APSD for optimal VoIP applications
- Patented spurious noise cancellation algorithm for integration in SOC applications
- Supports Bluetooth co-existence interface
- Self-calibrated RF to ensure optimal performance under all operating conditions
- Zero factory tuning
- No external RF components
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- 1x WiFi Module ESP8266-01